The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Medical Instrument Technician (Vascular) in Dallas, Texas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Medical Instrument Technician (Vascular) – Dallas, Texas
Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 615979Start Date: 09/09/2022End Date: 09/09/2023
Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. English Language Proficiency. Medical Instrument Technicians must be proficient in spoken and written English in accordance with chapter 2, section D, paragraph 5a, this part. May qualify based on being covered by the Grandfathering Provision as described in the VA Qualification Standard for this occupation (only applicable to current VHA employees who are in this occupation and meet the criteria). Grade Determinations:
GS 8: Experience: At least 1 year of experience comparable to the next lower grade level (GS 07) which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics related to the duties of the position to be filled. This would be experience which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform noninvasive vascular ultrasound procedures as a senior technician. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the following KSAs:
1. Knowledge of cross-sectional and longitudinal vascular anatomy in normal and abnormal vessels, anatomical planes and tissue structures, physiologic effects of disease entities that impact the vascular system, signs and symptoms of acute and chronic vascular disease, and the characteristic appearance of aneurysms, pseudoaneurysms, thromboses, stenoses, occlusions, AV fistulae, and morphology of atherosclerotic plaque formulation.
2. Ability to provide Doppler information of peripheral vessels; demonstrate characteristic differences related to the organs they supply; accurately quantify carotid artery stenoses; and identify and correlate specific waveform analysis, plethysmographic tracings, velocity changes, and pressure gradients characteristic of normal, obstructed, or occluded vessels or grafts.
3. Ability to perform intracranial (transcranial) vascular examinations.
4. Ability to operate the instruments to extract the highest quality image utilizing the appropriate transducer frequency, Doppler angle, focal zones, gain, depth, color map, wall filter, and sample volume.
5. Ability to provide objective data to document progression or regression of disease. Preferred Experience:
2 years of recent Medical Instrument Technician experience
1 year of previous Vascular Laboratory experience, preferably in an IAC accredited laboratory.
RVT certification is preferred References: VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-27 The full performance level of this vacancy is GS 08. Physical Requirements: Lifting up to 35·pounds for 8-12 hours, intermittently, moderate carrying (15-35 pounds) for 8 to. 12 hours, intermittently, lifting over 35 pounds with assistive devices in accordance with the Safe Patient Handling Policy except in emergent situations requiring prompt patient care, pulling for 8 to 12 hours intermittently, pushing for 8-12 hours, intermittently, reaching above the shoulders for 8-12 hours, intermittently, both hands required, walking 8-12 hours, intermittently, standing 8-12 hours intermittently, kneeling 8 to 12 hours, intermittently, repeated bending for 8-12 hours, intermittently, climbing and use of both legs and arms for 8-12 hours, intermittently, both legs required, near vision at 13 to 16″ Jaeger 1 to 4, far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other eye, ability to distinguish basic colors, hearing aid permitted, twisting, simple grasp and fine manipulation.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!