The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Pharmacy Technician in Coatesville, Pennsylvania Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Pharmacy Technician – Coatesville, Pennsylvania
Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 606170Start Date: 07/15/2022End Date: 08/16/2022
Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. Education or Experience. A high school diploma or equivalent; or at least 3 months experience. Certification. Certification by the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) is required at grades GS-6 and above. Certification must be current to support eligibility. Expired certifications are not valid. Physical Requirements. See Below English Language Proficiency. Pharmacy technicians appointed to direct patient care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English in accordance with chapter 2, section D, paragraph 5a, this part. Grade Determinations:
GS-6 Level Experience. One year experience at the next lower level, and must fully meet the KSAs at the next lower level. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the following technical KSAs and the potential to acquire the assignment specific KSAs designated by an asterisk (*): Experience. One year experience at the next lower level, and must fully meet the KSAs at the next lower level. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the following technical KSAs and the potential to acquire the assignment specific KSAs designated by an asterisk (*): Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities 1. Ability to solve problems and make recommendations, e.g., troubleshoot operational problems and refer for appropriate action.
2. Knowledge of the operation and care of automated equipment.
3. Knowledge of, and ability to follow, written instructions for compounding with aseptic technique for hazardous materials such as oncology agents.
4. Knowledge, and ability to perform, compounding with aseptic technique for routine sterile products.
5. Knowledge of policies and procedures for inventory management in specialized areas such as emergency carts.
6. Knowledge of the computerized prescription process demonstrated by the ability to input prescriptions and medication orders. Assignments. Pharmacy technicians may be assigned to any area of the pharmacy including expanded distributive function assignments; for example assignment as team leaders for specific process improvement teams involving technical areas or performing more highly complex duties including preparation of oncology agents for clinical pharmacy specialists. For all assignments above the full performance level, the higher-level duties must consist of significant scope, complexity (difficulty), and range of variety, and be performed by the incumbent at least 25% of the time. Next Lower Level, GS-5: (One year experience Required)
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities 1. Ability to operate and care for automated dispensing devices and equipment.
2. Knowledge of, and ability to perform, aseptic technique.
3. Knowledge of basic inventory procedures.
4. Knowledge of pharmacy information systems. References: VA HANDBOOK 5005/15 PART II APPENDIX G28 MARCH 17, 2006 The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-6. Physical Requirements: Work involves some sitting and lifting, pushing, or pulling of weights up to 50 pounds. The incumbent will be subjected to bending and stooping. Able to operate motor vehicle. Able to carry 20 pounds for short distances. ****All required documentation must be uploaded before the announcement closes, to support eligibility.****
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!