The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Army. The opening is for an Education Services Specialist in Jordan, Jordan Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Education Services Specialist – Jordan, Jordan
U.S. Army Central, Department of the Army
Job ID: 606130Start Date: 07/14/2022End Date: 08/09/2022
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities. 30 Percent or More Disabled VeteransCurrent Department of Army Civilian Employees Applying to OCONUS PositionsExcepted Service Overseas Family Member AppointmentFamily Member Preference (FMP) for Overseas EmploymentInteragency Career Transition Assistance PlanLand Management Workforce Flexibility ActMilitary Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas EmploymentPeople with Disabilities, Schedule AVeterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998 In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document. Basic Requirement for Education Services Specialist: Degree: Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours appropriate to the position to be filled in one or a combination of the following areas, with at least one course from (1) or (2).
(1)Tests and measurement: Study of the selection, evaluation, administration, scoring, interpretation, and uses of group and individual aptitude, proficiency, interest, and other tests;
(2) Adult education: Study of the adult as a learner, teaching-learning theories for adults, models and procedures for planning, designing, managing, and evaluating adult learning activities;
(3) Educational program administration: Study of the foundation and methods in organizing for adult and continuing education programs;
(4) Curriculum development or design: Study of the principles and techniques for development of curricula for adult or vocational education programs;
(5) Teaching methods: Study of teaching strategies and learning styles of the adult learner;
(6) Guidance and counseling: Study of the purposes and methods in counseling and guidance, the role of the counselor in various settings, approaches to counseling, and the uses of tests in the counseling situation;
(7) Career planning: Study of career development, learning activities, systems, approaches, program coordination, use of educational and community resources, and vocational counseling systems; OR
(8) Occupational information: Study of theories of occupational choice and vocational development and their application to the guidance process. Identification and utilization of various types of occupational information and resources. In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below: Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes:1) conducting surveys to determine the educational needs and preferences of a military and civilian community; 2) monitoring the quality and cost effectiveness of an educational services program; AND 3) developing educational programs in response to assessed educational needs. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09). OR Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position, such as: Philosophy in Education or Education. OR Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) beyond the second year (total graduate semester hours minus 36) by 18. Add the two percentages. You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Education ManagementEducational Service ProgramsGuidance Counseling Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-09).
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!