The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a LEAD MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT in Monterey, California Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
LEAD MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT – Monterey, California
Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 597930Start Date: 06/07/2022End Date: 06/28/2022
Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
Experience. One year of experience at the next lower level (GS-06).
Physical Requirements. Must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment physical.
English Language Proficiency. Lead MSA’s must be proficient in spoken and written English in accordance with VA Handbook 5005, part II chapter 3, section A, Paragraph 3j. May qualify based on being covered by the Grandfathering Provision as described in the VA Qualification Standard for this occupation (only applicable to current VHA employees who are in this occupation and meet the criteria). Specialized Experience: The Lead MSA monitors and makes work assignments, provides input on performance, resolves daily workplace issues and maintains efficient workflow. Specialized experience is work that has been performed independently as it relates to the general supervision of AMSA’s, which includes: assuring coverage of all areas of responsibility; conducting ongoing reviews to ensure quality of work; ensuring accurate and timely scheduling of medical appointments; distributing and balancing workload; creating and maintaining employee work schedules; orienting and providing on-the-job training for new and current employees; ensuring all training requirements are met; organizing the work structure of his/her assigned areas; and acting as liaison between AMSA’s and staff in order to resolve day-to-day conflicts. Grade Determinations: GS-7 Lead MSA
Experience. One year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level.
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities. Candidates must demonstrate the KSAs below:
1. Ability to organize work, set priorities, and delegate tasks/responsibilities in order to meet deadlines.
2. Skill in communicating with individuals in order to obtain the desired effect, ensuring compliance with established policies and regulations.
3. Ability to provide staff development and training.
4. Ability to manage staffing requirements, manage priorities, and coordinate work in order to complete duties in an accurate and timely manner. This includes the ability to follow-up on pending issues and demonstrating an understanding of the impact of incomplete work.
5. Ability to review and monitor data to ensure all reports are complete and accurate. References: VA Handbook 5005/53, PART II, APPENDIX G45. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-07. The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is GS-07. Physical Requirements: Light lifting (under 15 pounds); light carrying (under 15 pounds); use of fingers; walking (various hours); standing (various hours); near vision (correctable 13′ t0 16′ to Jaeger 1 to 4); far vision ( correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; hearing (aid permitted); mental and emotional stability required.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!