The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Army. The opening is for a Lead Child and Youth Program Assistant (Level 5) CY-02 in Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Lead Child and Youth Program Assistant (Level 5) CY-02 – Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
Army Installation Management Command, Department of the Army
Job ID: 592321Start Date: 05/10/2022End Date: 06/02/2022
-Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
-Be able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
1. Two years of specialized experience working in a group program with children or youth plus
2. An associate’s degree or at least 60 semester hours with a major course of study (24 semester hours) with content directly related to the age group to which assigned, for example: Child Development Centers: Early Childhood Education/Child Development, Elementary Education, Special Education. School Age: Elementary Education, Child Development, Youth Development, Special Education. Youth Services: Youth Development, Secondary Education, Human Development, Youth Program Administration, Recreation, Physical Education, or directly-related behavioral or cultural science (developmental psychology, child psychology/sociology, sociology of the family, gender identity, parenting. General psychology/sociology coursework is not qualifying). OR one of the following: 1. Possess and maintain one of the following directly related to the age group of the position to which assigned: Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential, Military School Age Credential, Army Youth Practicum or other nationally recognized Youth Development Credential.
2. A bachelor’s Degree or at least 120 semester hours with a major course of study (24 semester hours) with content as indicated above. Applicants that possess at least one of the following will be considered highly preferred and may be sent first for consideration. 1. Experience assisting with childcare or youth program national accreditation processes.
2. Experience participating in multi-disciplinary or higher level child/youth program inspections.
3. Experience working with varying age groups (early childhood, school age, youth).
4. Experience leading or mentoring lower level childcare/youth program staff. The full position description can be found here.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!