The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Pharmacy Technician – Inpatient/Outpatient in North Little Rock, Arkansas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Pharmacy Technician – Inpatient/Outpatient – North Little Rock, Arkansas
Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 589600Start Date: 04/27/2022End Date: 07/01/2022
Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. English Language Proficiency: Must be proficient in spoken and written English to be appointed as authorized by 38 U.S.C. § 7403(f). Education or Experience: A high school diploma or equivalent; or at least 3 months experience. Certification: Certification by the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) is required at grades GS-6 and above. May qualify based on being covered by the Grandfathering Provision as described in the VA Qualification Standard for this occupation (only applicable to current VHA employees who are in this occupation and meet the criteria). Grade Determinations:
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN, GS-0661-6
Experience. One year experience at the next lower level, and must fully meet the KSAs at the next lower level. Examples of experience at the GS-5 include but not limited to ability to operate and care for automated dispensing devices and equipment, knowledge of, and ability to perform, aseptic technique, knowledge of basic inventory procedures, and knowledge of pharmacy information systems.
Certification. PTCB certification is required at this grade level and above.
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the following technical KSAs and the potential to acquire the assignment specific KSAs designated by an asterisk (*):
– Ability to solve problems and make recommendations, e.g., troubleshoot operational problems and refer for appropriate action.
– Knowledge of the operation and care of automated equipment.
– Knowledge of, and ability to follow, written instructions for compounding with aseptic technique for hazardous materials such as oncology agents.
– Knowledge, and ability to perform, compounding with aseptic technique for routine sterile products.
– Knowledge of policies and procedures for inventory management in specialized areas such as emergency carts.
– Knowledge of the computerized prescription process demonstrated by the ability to input prescriptions and medication orders. Preferred Experience: It is preferred candidates have both inpatient and outpatient experience, but not required. References: VA Handbook 5005/15, Part II Appendix G28, Pharmacy Technician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. The position is above full performance level (GS-6). Physical Requirements: Moderate lifting (15-44 pounds), moderate carrying (15-44 pounds), straight pulling, pushing, reaching above shoulder, use of fingers, walking, standing, kneeling, repeated bending, specific visual requirement (ability to read prescriptions), hearing (aid permitted). (See VA Directive and Handbook 5019, Employee Occupational Health Services).
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!