The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a CLERK in Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
CLERK – Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
Air Force Materiel Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 580188Start Date: 03/24/2022End Date: 04/12/2022
In order to qualify, you must meet the general experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, OPM Group Coverage Qualification Standard: Clerical and Administrative Support Positions. FOR GS-0303-04 GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have one year of general experience at a level close to the work of this position. Typically, we would find this experience in work within this field that is closely related. To be creditable, the general experience must have been equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-03), pay band or equivalent. General experience is described as progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates the ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills to perform the duties of this position. OR EDUCATION SUBSTITUTION: Applicants must have successfully completed education 2-years above high school level in any field for which high school graduation or the equivalent is the normal prerequisite. This education has been obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university. NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF YOUR UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION IF USING EDUCATION AS A SUBSTITUTION OF EXPERIENCE. OR COMBINING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have equivalent combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience to meet total experience requirements. NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF YOUR UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE WHEN USING EDUCATION SUBSTITUTION FOR EXPERIENCE. Only experience obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of word processing automation software functions to support office operations and produce a variety of textual documents, such as letters, reports, memos and form letters.
2. Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to accurately prepare and edit written correspondence and reports.
3. Knowledge of rules, procedures, or operations applied to clerical assignment to perform the routine, procedural work of the office, such as preparing and editing documents, maintaining files/records, making and preparing travel arrangements, screening telephone calls and visitors, processing mail, planning, organizing, and carrying out assignments, and composing routine, nontechnical information for recurring reports and inquiries.
4. Knowledge of filing systems and procedures and the subject matter content of the materials being processed.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using tact and courtesy. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. IMPORTANT NOTE: THESE POSITIONS WILL BE FILLED TEMPORARY NOT TO EXCEED 30-SEP-2022. A temporary appointment does not confer eligibility for noncompetitive movement to other positions or for reappointment after separation from employment. If you are an employee on a temporary appointment (appointment limited to one year or less); and you are expected to work 130 hours per month and for at least 90 days, you are eligible to enroll in Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) with a full government contribution, provided you are not covered under the Part-time Career Act. Temporary employees are not eligible to participate in the Thrift Savings Plan. AGE REQUIREMENT: (1) Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, OR (2) at least 16 years of age AND (a) have graduated from high school or been awarded a certificate equivalent to graduating from high school; or (b) have completed a formal vocational training program; or (c) have received a statement from school authorities agreeing with their preference for employment rather than continuing their education; or (d) be currently enrolled in a secondary school and work ONLY during school vacation periods. IF YOU ARE YOUNGER THAN 18 YEARS OF AGE AND ARE APPLYING FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT UNDER ONE OF THE ABOVE CONDITIONS, YOU MUST PROVIDE PROOF THAT YOU MEET ONE OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA AT THE TIME YOU APPLY. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!