The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a PROGRAM ANALYST in Patrick AFB, Florida Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
PROGRAM ANALYST – Patrick AFB, Florida
Department of the Air Force – Agency Wide, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 562551Start Date: 01/13/2022End Date: 02/02/2022
This is a GG-0343-11 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). The GG-0343-11 duties for the “Professional” work category are at the “Full Performance” work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-11 level. The selectee’s salary will be set within the 11 grade equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee’s qualifications in relation to the job. *** Salary ranges includes local market supplements *** In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, IAW OPM Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions GS-0343 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicant must possess quality level experience which demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies necessary for successful job performance required for this position. Quality experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Examples of creditable experience include: knowledge of intelligence concepts, policies, procedures, regulations applicable to the Intel career field. Demonstrates knowledge of the national intelligence community, Joint, DoD structure, organizations and mission/functions, inter-relationships and operations. Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government.
Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. AND KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Extensive knowledge of the application of procedures, methods, and techniques which support the analysis and administration of resources from and for a wide range of sources, types, and funding.
2. Knowledge of Air Force and/or other Federal agencies’ commitment and obligating documents and systems. Knowledge of financial resource allocation principles, policies, and methods as they relate to the organization’s planning and accomplishment of mission objectives.
3. Knowledge of how to apply budget procedures to resolve problems in balancing programs, adjust discrepancies, verify accuracy of budgetary data and adjust funding targets of accounts by element of expense within program element along with a practical knowledge of Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution System.
4. Knowledge of manpower and human resources requirements and processes sufficient to effectively advise management and ensure equitable distribution organizational resources.
5. Ability to effectively organize and analyze information; produce reports, position papers, and briefings that are responsive to the specific needs of management officials; present clear and concise findings; resolve conflicts based on mature judgment, experience, and effectively advocate for a position; and knowledge of security procedures to maintain control of classified material.
6. Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing, in working out solutions to problems or questions. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!