The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (AIRCRAFT ORDNANCE SYSTEMS MECHANIC) in Edwards AFB, California Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (AIRCRAFT ORDNANCE SYSTEMS MECHANIC) – Edwards AFB, California
Air Force Materiel Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 554754Start Date: 12/29/2021End Date: 01/13/2022
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Requires ability to lift, hold, and position heavy parts (20-50 pounds), and work in strained and cramped positions. Requires
normal color perception, good eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity. May involve some risk to exposure to radiation from ignition and
radar systems. Required to wear ear protection and protective clothing while servicing aircraft systems. NOTE: THIS POSITION REQUIRES A PREEMPLOYMENT PHYSICAL. WORKING CONDITIONS: Required to perform work both inside and on the flight line in all weather conditions. Required to work around toxic
chemicals; subject to possible injury from noise, toxic and corrosive chemicals, falls, jet engines, operational aircraft, moving vehicles and
machinery. Possibility of cuts, burns, shocks, and strains. May involve some risk of exposure to radiation from ignition systems. Required to wear
ear protection and protective clothing while servicing aircraft systems. In order to qualify, you must meet the quality level of experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook X-118C. QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C for the WG-8800 Aircraft
Overhaul Family. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time. The screen out element for this position is Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision JOB ELEMENTS: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair etc.
2. Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
3. Use of Measuring Instruments
4. Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprint reading)
5. Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
6. Trouble shooting PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!