The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Prosthetic Representative in Memphis, Tennessee Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Prosthetic Representative – Memphis, Tennessee
Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 539240Start Date: 11/22/2021End Date: 12/14/2021
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met. Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. English Language Proficiency Meet physical requirements as indicated in VA Directive and VA Handbook 5019 May qualify based on being covered by the Grandfathering Provision as described in the VA Qualification Standard for this occupation (only applicable to current VHA employees who are in this occupation and meet the criteria). GS-9: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-7 level in Federal service and have experience that demonstrates the following:
1) Knowledge of methods to identify trends and causation factors sufficient to analyze prepared data and gather information to inform and advise management.
2) Ability to organize, prioritize, and monitor actions to ensure timeliness.
3) Ability to understand and articulate the benefits program options available. This includes communicating with patients, caregivers, health care providers and vendors.
4) Ability to apply and educate others about national, VISN, and facility directives, policies, procedures and regulations.
5) Ability to work effectively with a clinical team and provide recommendations for prosthetic devices.
Education equivalent to two full years of progressively higher level graduate education or Master’s or equivalent graduate degree from an accredited educational institution AND at least 24 semester hours in course work related to health care, public administration, or business. GS-11: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-9 level in Federal service and have experience demonstrating the following:
1) Ability to work independently to set priorities; delegate tasks; meet multiple deadlines; analyze organizational problems; and develop and implement effective solutions to optimize quality, efficiency, performance, and productivity.
2) Ability to work with a team, to provide technical guidance, plan, organize, and coordinate activities to effectively complete job duties of assignment, such as distributing workload; and monitoring the accuracy, status and progress of work.
3) Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively, both orally and in writing, to meet program objectives. This may include preparing reports in various formats and presenting data to various organizational levels.
4) Ability to assist in staff development, outcome management, and strategic planning.
5) Ability to act as liaison between staff to resolve informal employee complaints and concerns.
6) Knowledge of rehabilitative treatment goals and strategies that are unique to patients in specialized programs and knowledge of those specific program requirements. References: VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G34The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-11. The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is in the range of GS-7 to GS-11. Physical Requirements: Applicants must be physically and mentally capable to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position without hazard to themselves or others.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!