The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a MEDICAL SUPPLY TECHNICIAN (STERILE PROCESSING TRAINER) in Danville, Illinois Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
MEDICAL SUPPLY TECHNICIAN (STERILE PROCESSING TRAINER) – Danville, Illinois
Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 537309Start Date: 11/16/2021End Date: 12/09/2021
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 12/08/2021. Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. Experience and/or Education
(1) Experience. Six months of experience that demonstrates the applicant’s ability to perform the work or provides an understanding of the work; or (2) Education. One year above high school that included at least 6 semester hours in health care related courses such as sterile processing, nursing assistant, hospital corpsman, and operating room and surgical technician courses or other courses related to the position;
(3) Experience/Education Combination. Equivalent combination of experience and education are qualifying for entry level for which both education and experience are acceptable. Certification. None. May qualify based on being covered by the Grandfathering Provision as described in the VA Qualification Standard for this occupation (only applicable to current VHA employees who are in this occupation). Grade Determinations: In addition to the basic requirements, all applicants must meet the GS-07 grade requirements below: English Language Proficiency:
MSTs must be proficient in spoken and written English in accordance with chapter 3, section A, paragraph 3j. GRADE DETERMINATIONS:
Medical Supply Technician Trainer (Sterile Processing), GS-7 Experience: One year of experience equivalent to the next lower (GS-6) grade level that demonstrates the applicant’s ability to perform the work or provides an understanding of the work. (Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: In addition to the experience above, the candidate must demonstrate the following KSAs:
1. Knowledge of SPS and Infection Prevention regulations.
2. Knowledge of procedures and/or operations in training developed for, and operations of SPS functions for both new and existing staff.
3. Ability to manage integrated training programs as it relates to sterile processing procedures.
4. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel or other software programs in order to complete reports and develop skills.
5. Ability to communicate effectively with staff and management officials in regards to sterile processing procedures. References: VA Handbook 5005/76 Part II Appendix G47 The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-7 Physical Requirements: This work is performed in various settings: decontamination, preparation, clean sterile supply (preparation) and in other services and departments throughout the medical facility/campus. The incumbent may be required to work in areas that are hot, cold, drafty, and poorly lighted. The employee is subject to the possibility of falls, scrapes, cuts, bruises, and other injuries from material handling equipment. The work requires standing and walking during the entire workday and frequent bending and lifting of packages (occasionally weighing as much as 50 pounds). The work requires dexterity and visual acuity for manipulating, disassembly and assembly of instrumentation.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!