The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION PROGRAM SPECIALIST (INSTRUCTOR) in Maxwell AFB, Alabama Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION PROGRAM SPECIALIST (INSTRUCTOR) – Maxwell AFB, Alabama
Air Education and Training Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 532423Start Date: 10/27/2021End Date: 11/30/2021
This is a Term position NTE 2 years; the individual selected for this position may be extended without further competition. Current Federal civilian employees may apply for this position using “Reinstatement” eligibility and if selected, a break in service of at least 4 calendar days may be required prior to appointment to this position. In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Professional and Scientific Positions, to include the Individual Occupational Requirements (IOR) for the GS-1701, General Education and Training Series. BASIC REQUIREMENT OR INDIVIDUAL OCCUPATIONAL REQUIREMENT: Degree: that included or was supplemented by major study in education or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts. OR
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION — courses equivalent to a major in education, or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position, plus appropriate experience or additional course work that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the 4-year course of study described above. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts. AND
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below: SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-11, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes 1) Conceiving, developing and instructing specifically designed English as a Second Language (ESL) materials and lesson plans covering a wide range of American English usage and USAF Terminology for International Military Students (IMS). 2) Determining adjustment problems of IMSs and recommending solutions that respect their cultural backgrounds and degrees of English language fluency. 3) Reviewing, updating and implementing routine metrics/evaluation indicators for assessing course development. 4) Directing all aspects of the Professional Military Education courses, while working with various support personnel, faculty, volunteers, etc., ensuring effective planning and execution of required actions. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-11 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-12 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Professional knowledge of English as a Second Language (ESL) and Language Acquisition theories, principles, and techniques for adult learners in a multilingual and multicultural classroom.
2. Specialized knowledge to recognize and resolve complex or complicated IMS communicative and academic deficiencies at the collegiate level or for specific purposes and needs.
3. Professional knowledge and experience providing for online methods and techniques of instruction.
4. Practical knowledge of educational technologies and computer programs associated with the learning management system, Instructional Systems Design, and techniques in delivering live, interactive course content virtually.
5. Skill in working and coordinating with instructors, training administrators, curricula developers, course directors, senior leaders, etc. in order to effectively keep officer PME integrated with methodology and techniques that can be easily understood and interpreted appropriately.
6. Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and understanding when working with persons from differing cultural backgrounds and ability to work harmoniously with support staff and management. Utilizes tact and diplomacy in approaching and dealing with various issues with the students. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!