The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (PLCYPLN) in Andrews AFB, Maryland Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (PLCYPLN) – Andrews AFB, Maryland
Air National Guard, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 529031Start Date: 10/27/2021End Date: 11/10/2021
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Information Technology (IT) Management Series, GS-2210 (Alternate A). SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below: Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving AND one year of specialized experience which includes thorough understanding, skill, and demonstrated mastery of organizational policies and planning concepts and practices pertaining to communications, computer, information systems, budgeting, acquisition, and procurement. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12). FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-12 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-13 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Commanding knowledge of a wide range of IT principles, concepts, and methods.
2. Master of organization’s policy and planning formulating process along with its missions and objectives to prepare IT policies and plans.
3. Detailed knowledge of Government policies, directives, and other regulatory material concerning computer and data communications procurement, management, and utilization to insure full and proper utilization within ANG.
4. Knowledge of budgetary processes, cost-benefit analysis methods, and analysis of performance data to prepare persuasive budget recommendations in support of IT requirements.
5. Extensive knowledge of current and futuristic information and communications systems design, capability, functional uses, applications, and requirements, both proposed and ongoing, provided to ANG.
6. Ability to analyze complexities of existing technology, review/revise/develop policy, initiate plans for enhancements, and provide management sufficient technical and cost analysis information, through written documentation and oral briefings, to render informed judgements. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!