The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for an Advanced Medical Support Assistant in Multiple Locations Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Advanced Medical Support Assistant – Multiple Locations
Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 521125Start Date: 10/08/2021End Date: 01/08/2022
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement01/07/2022 Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. English Language Proficiency. MSAs must be proficient in spoken and written English in accordance with VA Handbook 5005, part II, chapter 3, section A, paragraph 3j Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience (equal to the GS 5 level) in an advanced or complex clinical setting utilizing numerous advanced patient care systems, scheduling appointments across multiple clinics and coordination of serves amongst a diverse team of medical providers and clinics to include outside agencies. Advanced knowledge of the technical health care processes, medical terminology, policy and procedures as it relates to coordination of care. Candidates must demonstrate the KSAs below in their resume:
1. Ability to collaborate and communicate with a wide range of medical clinicians across multiple disciplines (e.g. medical doctors, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, clinical pharmacists, and nursing staff) to accomplish team goal setting to ensure medical care to patients is met.
2. Ability to independently set priorities and organize work to meet deadlines, ensuring compliance with established processes, policies, and regulations.
3. Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively, electronically, by phone, in person, and in writing, with internal and external customers. This may include preparing reports in various formats and presenting data to various organizational levels, as well as resolving patient concerns.
4. Advanced knowledge of the technical health care process (including, but not limited to, scheduling across interdisciplinary coordinated care delivery and/or care in the community models and patient health care portals) as it relates to access to care.
5. Advanced knowledge of policies and procedures associated with interdisciplinary coordinated care delivery and/or care in the community operational activities that affect patient flow, and patient support care administrative functions to include, but not limited to appointment cycles, outside patient referrals, follow-up care, overbooking, provider availability, etc.
6. Advanced knowledge of medical terminology due to the technical nature of language utilized by clinicians. References: VA Handbook 5005/53, Part II, Appendix G45, Medical Support Assistant Qualification Standard, GS-679. Published August 1, 2019. The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-6. Physical Requirements: The work is mostly sedentary, but may require periods of standing and walking.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!