The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a MATERIALS HANDLER in Luke AFB, Arizona Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
MATERIALS HANDLER – Luke AFB, Arizona
Air Education and Training Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 518522Start Date: 10/04/2021End Date: 10/20/2021
In order to qualify, you must meet the quality level of experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook X-118C. QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C for the WG-6900 Warehousing and Stock Handling Group. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time. The screen out element for this position is ability to do the work of a MATERIALS HANDLER without more than normal supervision. Physical Effort:
Works on hard surfaces and in work areas that require standing, stooping, bending, and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions. May lift and carry weights up to 40 pounds. May handle heavier items with weight lifting equipment or with assistance from other workers. Working Conditions:
Work is done inside and outside in areas that may be hot, damp, cold, drafty, or poorly lighted. Employee is regularly exposed to the possibility of cuts, scrapes, bruises, falls from ladders, falling material, or injury from equipment. May be exposed to dust, dirt, grease, solvents, and high noise areas while working in a mechanized work area, or radiation, toxins, explosives hazards, or chemical fumes while working in a hazardous materials area. May be required to wear protective clothing such as hard hats, steel toed shoes, rubber gloves, masks, and rubber aprons. JOB ELEMENTS: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of accepted warehousing methods, procedures, and material handling techniques; and warehousing functions such as material receiving, storage, issuing, and preservation.
2. Knowledge of warehouse configurations, storage requirements for particular commodities, storage documentation requirements, and inventory procedures.
3. Knowledge of safety regulations, practices, and procedures; and regulations, procedures, and policies related to records maintenance and documentation.
4. Skill in the use of automated material processing equipment and systems.
5. Ability to screen shipping and receiving documents for discrepancies, and prepare inventory and production reports.
6. Ability to interpret and apply instructions pertaining to material handling; and maintain tools, equipment, and work area in a neat, clean, and orderly manner. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!