The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an Equipment Specialist in Multiple Locations Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Equipment Specialist – Multiple Locations
Air Force Materiel Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 515816Start Date: 10/04/2021End Date: 10/16/2021
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-11, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes handling technical content of assigned complex and sophisticated aircraft systems/subsystems; and planning, analyzing, and evaluating support aircraft systems/subsystem requirements. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-11 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-12 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of a wide range of maintenance concepts, principles, and practices applicable to assigned systems/subsystems and equipment.
2. Knowledge of required security and safety regulations, practices, and procedures.
3. Skill in providing technical advice in terms of oral and written briefings, reports, and recommendations to senior leadership and maintenance technicians; and developing interpersonal relationships, maintaining good working relationships, and working cooperatively as a member of a team.
4. Skill in analyzing and interpreting engineering drawings, technical manuals, and technical data; and, identifying and analyzing complex technical problems and developing innovative solutions.
5. Ability to plan, organize, and reprioritize work to meet changing deadlines.
6. Ability to develop and conduct training to ensure proper maintenance of assigned systems/equipment; and communicate well both orally and in writing. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!