The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a DIRECTOR OF SECURITY (ASSISTANCE) in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
DIRECTOR OF SECURITY (ASSISTANCE) – Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
U.S. Air Forces, Europe, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 514619Start Date: 09/29/2021End Date: 10/13/2021
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions. Click HERE to view the OPM Qualification Standards SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 (or higher) grade level or equivalent pay systems (may have been obtained in the federal service, military, public or private sector) which includes demonstration of security cooperation operations and Foreign Military Sales programs and activities; and in-depth experience with safety and security regulations, practices and procedures. Experience should demonstrate the ability to negotiate complex issues with high ranking officials both civilian and military to maintain effective working relationships. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-13 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-14 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1.Knowledge of Security Cooperation Operations and Foreign Military Sales programs and activities.
2. Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
3. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and mentor, motivate, and appraise the staff of an organization through subordinate supervisors.
4. Ability to analyze, plan, and adjust work operations of one or more organizational segments to meet program requirements and objectives within available resources. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
5. Knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures related to developing, planning, budgeting, and coordinating activities, programs, facility programming, contracting, and customer interests and needs.
6. Ability to negotiate complex issues with high-ranking U.S. and UAE military officers and high-ranking civilians while maintaining effective working relationships. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at [email protected]. All are free to apply!
Post a job on LemonWire. Email [email protected].
Want to advertise on listings like this? Email [email protected]
Leave a Reply