The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (Ultrasound) in Evansville, Indiana Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (Ultrasound) – Evansville, Indiana
Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 514163Start Date: 09/23/2021End Date: 10/15/2021
Creditable Experience: To be creditable, experience must have demonstrated possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics (also referred to as clinical competencies) associated with current radiologic technology practice. This may have been evidenced by the equivalent of one year of active practice, which is paid or nonpaid employment as a DRT as defined by ARRT. Quality of Experience: Experience is only creditable if it was earned after completion of the basic certification requirements identified below. Experience as a graduate DRT is creditable provided the candidate functioned as a DRT and subsequently passed the certification examination. Part-Time Experience. Part-time experience as a DRT is creditable according to its relationship to the full-time workweek. For example, a DRT would receive one week of full- time credit for each two weeks of half-time work. Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship. Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. Certification. All applicants must be certified in general radiologic technology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology, Radiography (ARRT) (R). Education. Completion of a full-time training course of at least 24 months in duration (or the equivalent) in a post-high school diagnostic radiologic technology program, evidenced by a certificate or an associate degree, accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT). Grade Determinations: In addition to the basic requirements, applicants MUST have 1 year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level and MUST demonstrate the following technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): It is strongly recommended that applicants provide documentation that demonstrates the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities listed below. 1. Ability to balance the needs of patients and staff while still performing complex scans and procedures.
2. Knowledge of techniques for gathering relevant information from the medical record, significant others, and health care providers.
3. Ability to assess factors that may contraindicate the procedure.
4. Knowledge of basic first aid and basic life support practices related to radiography.
5. Knowledge of physical assessment, aseptic techniques, intravenous methods and techniques and universal precautions.
6. Knowledge of pre-procedural, procedural and post-procedural care of patients. References: VA Handbook 5005/119, Part II, Appendix G25, Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist Qualification Standard, dated December 13, 2019. The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-9. The actual grade at which an applicant will be selected for this vacancy is GS-9. Physical Requirements: The requirements of this position include light, moderate and heavy lifting, light, moderate and heavy carrying, straight pulling, use of fingers, both hands required, walking, standing, repeated bending, climbing (use of legs and arms), ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously, near vision correctable at 13″ to 16″ to Jaeger 1 to 4, far correctable vision in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other, ability to distinguish basic colors, ability to distinguish shades of colors, hearing aid permitted.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!