The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a BUDGET TECHNICIAN in Biggs AFB, Texas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
BUDGET TECHNICIAN – Biggs AFB, Texas
Air Education and Training Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 506819Start Date: 09/09/2021End Date: 09/24/2021
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, for Clerical and Administrative Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicant have one year of specialized experience at the GS-05 grade level (or higher) or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience include practical knowledge of agency procedures and regulations covering the processing of a wide range of budgetary transactions under appropriated funds and reimbursable accounts to process and extract budgetary data from a variety of forms, documents, and reports OR EDUCATION: Applicant must have successfully completed graduate level education in a field directly related to the position which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position. OR COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of transcripts FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-05 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-06 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of the application of procedures, methods, and techniques which support the analysis and administration of the budget
2. Knowledge of a wide variety of budgetary methods, practices, policies, procedures, regulations, and precedents; and a wide range of sources, types, and methods of funding
3. Knowledge of the accounting system and related documents used to gather and analyze budgetary information
4. Knowledge of automated management data systems
5. Ability to communicate orally and in writing
6. Ability to work accurately with figures PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!