The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Pharmacy Technician (Controlled Substance/Automation) in Birmingham, Alabama Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Pharmacy Technician (Controlled Substance/Automation) – Birmingham, Alabama
Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 505127Start Date: 09/03/2021End Date: 09/24/2021
Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. English Language Proficiency. Pharmacy technicians appointed to direct patient care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English in accordance with chapter 2, section D, paragraph 5a, this part. Certification. Certification by the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) is required at grades GS-6 and above. Grade Determinations:
(a) Experience. One year experience at the next lower level and must fully meet the KSAs at the next lower level. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the following technical KSAs and the potential to acquire the assignment specific KSAs designated by an asterisk (*):
(b) Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
*1. Ability to evaluate, analyze workflow, and coordinate work activities.
2. Ability to independently gather, evaluate, and analyze data to generate reports and/or for other projects/statistical purposes.
3. Knowledge of pharmacy policies and procedures sufficient to train and orient new employees and other staff.
4. Comprehensive knowledge of the operation and care of specialized pharmaceutical equipment.
5. Comprehensive knowledge of the procurement and formulary process.
6. Comprehensive knowledge of investigational drug policies and procedures.
7. Comprehensive knowledge of controlled substance policies and procedures, and the ability to identify and investigate discrepancies in these policies and procedures.
8. Comprehensive knowledge of, and ability to, analyze data in VA information systems. References: VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G28 – Pharmacy Technician qualification standard. Physical Requirements: The position requires frequent walking and standing; repeated bending; moderate lifting and carrying (15-44 pounds); the ability to read handwritten or typed characters with or without glasses; ability to hear conversation voice with or without aid; and emotional and mental stability.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!