The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Defense. The opening is for an Instructional Systems Specialist (Science/STEM 6-12) in Kadena Air Base Okinawa, Japan Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Instructional Systems Specialist (Science/STEM 6-12) – Kadena Air Base Okinawa, Japan
Department of Defense Education Activity, Department of Defense
Job ID: 504778Start Date: 09/10/2021End Date: 09/23/2021
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Current Competitive Service Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) Civilian EmployeeCurrent Excepted Service Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) EmployeeCurrent Excepted Service Department of Defense EmployeeCurrent Excepted Service EmployeeCurrent Permanent Department of Defense (DoD) Civilian EmployeeNon-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer In order to qualify, you must meet the education AND experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Minimum Education Requirement: A Master’s degree in the field of Education. The course work must have been completed at or accepted by a regionally accredited U.S. college or university. The undergraduate/graduate course work must have included study in at least three of the following five areas:
1. Learning theory, psychology of/earning, educational psychology: Study of learning theories as they relate to the systematic design, development, and validation of instructional material.
2. Instructional design practices: Study of the principles and techniques used in designing training programs, developing design strategy and models, and applying design methods to the improvement of instructional effectiveness.
3. Educational evaluation: Study of the techniques for evaluating the effectiveness of instructional educational programs, including developing written and performance tests and survey instruments, and determining reliability and validity of evaluation instruments.
4. Instructional product development: Study of the techniques appropriate for developing training materials, including identifying learner characteristics, specifying objectives, applying training strategy, validating training materials, and evaluating training.
5. Computers in education and training: Study of the application of computers in education and training. AND Specialized Experience Requirement (5 years): Specialized experience is experience gained in teaching, educational research, development of educational materials and aids, educational testing, educational administration, or comparable activities in an elementary and/or secondary school which has clearly demonstrated success in the application of principles, methods, and techniques of education and familiarity with current developments in PreK-12th grade education and training. This experience must have been in Science/STEM grades 6-12. AND Professional Licensure/Certification Requirement: Applicants must be currently certified or certifiable under the current DoDEA standards as a Teacher, General Science (categories 0230 or 0330). Twelve semester hours in STEM course work is desirable. Information on DoDEA teaching categories and requirements is located at: https://www.dodea.edu/Offices/HR/employment/categories/. You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Instructional DesignInstructional Program EvaluationNeeds/Occupational AnalysisPartneringStaff and Faculty Development
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!