The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a Student Trainee in Multiple Locations Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Student Trainee – Multiple Locations
Air Force Civilian Career Training, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 503232Start Date: 11/30/-0001End Date: 11/30/-0001
The Air Force Civilian Service is pleased to announce the Air Force Premier College Summer Intern Program. Students in their junior year of a full-time baccalaureate program will be able to apply for a full-time paid summer internship lasting 10-12 weeks during the summer session prior to their senior year. Any individual who meets the following may apply for the DHA Post-Secondary Student Program: (1) Currently enrolled, and in good academic standing in a full-time program, at a public or other non-profit institution of higher education; AND (2) Making satisfactory progress toward receipt of a baccalaureate; AND (3) Completed at least one year of the degree program. You may be non-competitively converted to a permanent appointment within the PALACE Acquire (PAQ)/Copper Cap (COP) or a similar Program. The target grade of the conversion could be above GS-11. However, it is important to remember that eligibility for conversion does not guarantee you will be offered a permanent position. General Schedule Salary Table for “Rest of US” (RUS) was used, salaries may vary dependent upon location selected. Please refer to the Salary Tables link for more information: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2019/general-schedule/ The Premier College Intern Program targets individuals who are seeking a dynamic career with the Air Force Civilian Service in a variety of career fields by gaining real-world experience. You will be given the opportunity to gain the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to pursue a successful career with the Air Force Civilian Service. Please note: This is not a developmental opportunity, this position may be filled at the GS-04 or GS-05 grade level, depending on applicant qualifications and organizational requirements. To qualify for a GS-04: Completion of 2 academic years of post high school study or an associate’s degree in a related field of study. To qualify for a GS-05: Completion of 4 academic years of post-high school study leading to a bachelor’s degree or completion of 4 academic years of pre-professional study. https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#GS-CLERhttps://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#GS-TECH . You must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited public or other non-profit college or university: · Enrolled in an approved program
· Pursing a Baccalaureate Degree or eligible (5 Year program) Seniors · Enrollment must be in a full-time program
· Have a good academic standing (no less than 2.95 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 grading scale)
· Meet the qualification standards of the position
· Must be at least 16 years of age
· A U.S. citizen or a national (resident of American Samoa or Swains Island)
· Must sign a Participant Agreement. Applicants must meet requirements by the closing date of this announcement. Other Significant Facts:
1.) Some positions may be deemed drug testing designated positions and require participation in random drug testing.
2.) Incumbent may be subject to pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment, and participation in random drug testing.
3.) Appointment may be contingent upon passing a physical examination.
4.) Incumbent may be required to obtain and maintain appropriate background investigation or security clearance.
5.) Employment under this announcement will be full-time during the student’s summer session, approximately 10-12 weeks. Note:
There may be additional conditions and/or requirements as determined by the position being filled. DHA Post-Secondary Students may work full-time schedules during the student’s summer session/break. DHA Post-Secondary Students may be considered for noncompetitive conversion to a permanent appointment within 120 days of completion of degree requirements, if they meet the following: 1. Successfully complete academic course of study with a GPA of at least 2.95.
2. Meet the OPM Qualification requirements for the target position to which the DHA Post-Secondary Student may be converted.
3. Maintain acceptable performance. It is important to remember that eligibility for conversion to permanent employment is neither automatic nor guaranteed. You must upload/submit all required documents in order to be considered, i.e., Resume, All transcripts (we will accept unofficial), DD 214, Veterans Award Letter and SF 15 (if applicable).PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!