The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a PUBLIC AFFAIRS SPECIALIST in Luke AFB, Arizona Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
PUBLIC AFFAIRS SPECIALIST – Luke AFB, Arizona
Headquarters, Air Force Reserve Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 500890Start Date: 11/30/-0001End Date: 11/30/-0001
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-11) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include performing a variety of public affairs functions, media operations, audio visual productions and imagery, internal information, media relations and community relations; knowledge of written, oral, and graphic communication principles, methods and techniques to conduct coordinate public affairs activities convey complexed information to a variety of audiences. Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the next lower grade level or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the functions and missions of DoD, Air Force, gaining MAJCOMs and Air Force Reserve Command.
2. Knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices of the Air Force Public Affairs program.
3. Knowledge of the principles and methods of written and oral communication and skills in applying principles and using methods of conducting a public affairs program involving public information, internal information and community relations activities for internal and external audiences.
4. Skill in gathering, evaluating, and interpreting data to identify potential problems and offer meaningful recommendations and solutions. Ability to plan, organize and evaluate program effectiveness.
5. Knowledge of management practices, theories, techniques, and procedures. Skill in identifying and analyzing compliance issues and developing recommendations to resolve issues.
6. Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices and procedures. Knowledge of personnel management and EEO directives, standards, processes and procedures. OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
1. This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) officer position. The incumbent is required to meet and maintain Air Force Reserve requirements. Work schedule will be aligned to allow incumbent to fully participate in unit training assemblies (UTA).The incumbent’s regular assignments are primarily ART duties; however, the incumbent may also be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities.
2. May be required to travel by military or commercial aircraft in the performance temporary/permanent assignments.
4. The incumbent is subject to random testing for drug use. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!