The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a Cook in Edwards AFB, California Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Cook – Edwards AFB, California
Air Force Materiel Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 491749Start Date: 08/04/2021End Date: 08/18/2021
Who May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant’s eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date, 08/18/2021 Business Based Action, Military Spouse Preference, Outside Applicant Veteran, Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran, and Transition Hiring Preference In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if the position allows for qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Qualifying Experience:
Qualified Applicants for the Cook position must:
1. Have experience in and knowledge of methods and procedures relating to food preparation and presentation gained in a grill, snack bar, restaurant, club, or similar food activity.
2. Be able to follow oral and written instructions, work safely, and do simple arithmetic.
3. Have knowledge of operating and cleaning food service equipment, characteristics of various food, and be able to season food and decide when foods are done.
4. Be physically able to frequently lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds; be able to continuously stand, walk, stoop, reach, push, pull, and bend for long periods of time.
5. Be able to obtain a Food Handler’s Certificate and/or complete food handler’s training.
6. Satisfactorily complete a background investigation (Tier 1/NACI).
7. Be at least 21 years if age, the minimum age to sell alcoholic beverages.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!