The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Navy. The opening is for an INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (APPLICATION SOFTWARE) in Naval Support Activity, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (APPLICATION SOFTWARE) – Naval Support Activity, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Naval Supply Systems Command, Department of the Navy
Job ID: 487207Start Date: 07/29/2021End Date: 08/09/2021
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience preforming work that involves the design, documentation, development, modification, testing, installation, implementation, and support of new or existing application software equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-11) or pay band in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector.
Specialized experience must demonstrate performing duties such as the following:
2) Writing or modifying technical specifications such as Universal Modeling Language (UML) diagrams, use cases, user stories, interface specifications, or flowcharts that document the complex interrelationships between system components including inputs, outputs, data formats and protocols, system performance objectives and constraints, and other design choices;
3) Utilizing the web-Methods software suite to implement data transformation services that support B2B data exchange according to the EDI ASC X12 standard;
4) Installing and administering a web-Methods software environment in support of enterprise business transactions;
5) Migrating web-Methods packages from development and test environments to a production environment;
6) Conducting analysis of IT change requests and design proposals to determine the feasibility and practicality of the technical effort; and 7) Providing technical guidance in designing, coding, testing, debugging, and maintaining assigned systems, and applications utilizing Java, and web-Methods. Your experience must reflect skill in the following areas: attention to detail, customer service, oral communication, and problem solving. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!