The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an EDUCATION AND TRAINING TECHNICIAN in Hurlburt Field, Florida Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
EDUCATION AND TRAINING TECHNICIAN – Hurlburt Field, Florida
Air Force Special Operations Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 482380Start Date: 07/15/2021End Date: 07/28/2021
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) **Per AFMAN-36-203, Table 3.1, Rule 21, Note 4: “Area of consideration may be limited to employees serving in identical or similar positions or organizations to which the duties could have been assigned.” The recruitment for this position is limited to individuals currently assigned to 1st Special Operations Wing Force Support Squadron/FSS/FSDE. Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Clerical and Administrative Support Position. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-05, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge of extensive body of rules, concepts, techniques, procedures and operations of Education and Training programs to perform a wide variety and full range of assignments to resolve routine/recurring problems and identify and elevate unique problems in development, academics and training operations. Knowledge of rules, procedures and operations concerning military education program requirements to sufficiently initiate, monitor and amend student record using automated systems. Knowledge of Education and Training program mission and objectives to perform assignments related to the functions. Knowledge of various office automation software programs, tools, and techniques to support office operations to retrieve, evaluate, input data to maintain accurate files. Basic financial record keeping knowledge to assist in government purchase card budgets/expenditures. Skill in locating, assembling and compiling information for inquiries and/or reports from office automation software programs and/or automated database systems. Skill to use one or more established automated systems to enter, maintain, and retrieve organizational and/or program data to compile reports, produce charts and management summaries or monitor project of program status. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-05 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-06 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of the rules, procedures, policies and programs related to employee education and training administration and records management to collect, update, publicize and maintain information and systems.
2. Knowledge of the organization’s operations and functions sufficient to utilize well-established procedures and techniques to perform the routine, procedural work of the office, such as collecting information and maintaining electronic records.
3. Knowledge of various office automation software programs, tools, and techniques to support office operations, retrieve and input data; a qualified typist is not required.
4. Skill in locating, assembling and compiling information for routine inquiries and/or reports.
5. Ability to use one or more established automated systems to enter, maintain, sort, and retrieve organizational and/or program data.
6. Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, using tact and courtesy, and ability to plan and organize daily operations to facilitate timely, accurate and technical aspects of workload. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!