The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a TRAINING TECHNICIAN (OA) in Lackland AFB, Texas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
TRAINING TECHNICIAN (OA) – Lackland AFB, Texas
Air Education and Training Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 480741Start Date: 07/12/2021End Date: 07/26/2021
This is a Temp position NTE 1 year the individual selected for this position may be extended without further competition. Current Federal civilian employees may apply for this position using “Reinstatement” eligibility and if selected, a break in service of at least 4 calendar days may be required prior to appointment to this position. In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Clerical and Administrative Support Positions, for the GS-1702, Education and Training Technician Series. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-05, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes Administer extensive body of policies and procedures governing the overall unit administrative and orderly room operation; perform processes and procedures for evaluating program efficiency to implement processes to improve programs; research supply regulations, policies, procedures, or other instructions relating to the specific functions assigned; operate automated supply databases to enter, correct, and retrieve recurring reports, and to structure and retrieve specialized reports; prepare correspondence, requirements for various reports, and interpreting new instructions and procedures; or locating and summarizing information from files and documents. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-05 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-06 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of supply regulations, policies, procedures, techniques, and methods.
2. Knowledge of policies and procedures for requisitioning and stock control.
3. Knowledge of general office administrative and clerical procedures.
4. Knowledge of data entry and processing of supply transactions in an automated supply system.
5. Ability to research, compile, and analyze supply information and data; receive, screen, review, verify, and maintain supply documents; and resolve discrepancies.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at [email protected]. All are free to apply!