The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Nursing Assistant in Las Vegas, Nevada Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Nursing Assistant – Las Vegas, Nevada
Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 480764Start Date: 07/13/2021End Date: 08/02/2021
Basic Requirements: * United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
* Education or Training. One year above high school with courses related to the Nursing Assistant occupation. Completion of an intensive, specialized, occupation-related course of study of less than one year as a nursing assistant may also meet in full the experience requirements for GS-3.
* English Language Proficiency. Nursing Assistants must be proficient in spoken and written English in accordance with VA Handbook 5005, part II, chapter 3, section A, paragraph 3j. Grade Determinations:
GS-5 Nursing Assistant (Full Performance Level)
Experience. One year of progressively responsible assignments and experience equivalent to the GS-4 level which demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities that are directly related to the specific assignment. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the professional KSAs below; OR Education. Successful completion of a 4-year course of study above high school leading to a bachelor’s degree that included 24 semester hours of courses related to health care or possession of a bachelor’s degree; AND Demonstrated KSAs:
1. Ability to assist in the full range of nursing care to patients/residents with physical and/or
behavioral problems in a hospital, long term care or outpatient setting under the direction of a Registered Nurse and/or Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse.
2. Ability to communicate orally with patients/residents, families, interdisciplinary team and other personnel. This includes serving as a preceptor to new NAs by assisting with the coordination of their orientation and overseeing/assessing their practical experience while in a clinical setting.
3. Ability to recognize and react to emergent patient/resident care situations and intervene while
waiting for assistance. For example, recognizing need for basic life support, controlling bleeding and assisting with behavior crisis, etc. References: VA Handbook 5005/81, Part II, Appendix G46, Nursing Assistant Qualifications Standard, GS-621 The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-05. The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is in the range of GS-03 to GS-05. Physical Requirements: Duties require extensive period of standing, sitting and walking. Working with patients requires regular and recurring bending, lifting, stooping, stretching and similar activities. The employee provides physical restraints for confused or combative patients as necessary. The nursing assistant must be physically able to lift to meet the physical standards of the position as evaluated by Employee Health.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!