The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Lead Medical Support Assistant Comp and Pen in Tampa, Florida Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Lead Medical Support Assistant Comp and Pen – Tampa, Florida
Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 479211Start Date: 07/08/2021End Date: 07/22/2021
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 07/22/2021.
U.S. Citizenship. English Proficiency. MSAs must be proficient in spoken and written English
Experience and Education:
(1) Experience. Six months experience of clerical, office or other work that indicates the ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position; or
(2) Education. One year above high school; or
(3) Experience/Education Combination. Equivalent combination of experience and education are qualifying for entry level for which both education and experience are acceptable. Preferred Experience: GS-7 Experience: Possess one year of experience equivalent to the GS-6 level in federal service. Examples of experience include: working within a clinical setting; knowledgeable in insurance collection, appointment scheduling and eligibility determination; able to multi-task; and experience researching, obtaining, and analyzing Grade Determinations:GS-7 Lead Medical Support Assistant
(a) Experience. One year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level.
(b) Assignment. The Lead MSA monitors and makes work assignments, provides input on performance, resolves daily workplace issues and maintains efficient workflow. Assignments at this level include, but are not limited to: assuring coverage of all areas of responsibility; conducting ongoing reviews to ensure quality of work; ensuring accurate and timely scheduling of appointments; providing guidance to staff members to include changes in policies and procedures; distributing and balancing workload; creating and maintaining employee work schedules; orienting and providing on-the-job training for new and current employees; ensuring all training requirements are met; organizing the work structure of his/her assigned areas; and acting as liaison between MSA and staff in order to resolve day to day conflicts. For all assignments above the full performance level, the higher-level duties must consist of significant scope, administrative independence, complexity (difficulty) and range of variety as described in this standard at the specified grade level and be performed by the incumbent at least 25% of the time.
(c) Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities. Candidates must demonstrate the KSAs below:
1. Ability to organize work, set priorities, and delegate tasks/responsibilities in order to meet deadlines.
2. Skill in communicating with individuals in order to obtain the desired effect, ensuring compliance with established policies and regulations.
3. Ability to provide staff development and training.
4. Ability to manage staffing requirements, manage priorities, and coordinate work in order to complete duties in an accurate and timely manner. This includes the ability to follow-up on pending issues and demonstrating an understanding of the impact of incomplete work.
5. Ability to review and monitor data to ensure all reports are complete and accurate. References: VA Handbook 5005/53, Part II-G45, MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT, dated June 7, 2012. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-07. Physical Requirements: The employee’s work is mostly sedentary; however, some walking; standing, and carrying light items are required. Light filing, sometimes involving working close to the floor, is involved. Wrist and back protection can be provided to minimize the risks associated with prolonged use of automated data processing equipment.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!