The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for an Adv Med Support Assistant in Tampa, Florida Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Adv Med Support Assistant – Tampa, Florida
Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 479307Start Date: 07/08/2021End Date: 07/22/2021
Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. English Language Proficiency: Must be proficient in spoken and written English References: VA Handbook 5005/53, Part II, Appendix G45, dated June 07, 2012. Medical Support Assistant Qualification Standard GS-0679. http://vaww.va.gov/OHRM/Directives-Handbooks/Documents/5005.pdf this can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Preferred Experience: Candidate has extensive experience in the following: Scheduling consults Researching Medical Terminology Cleaning Reports Encounters Multi-tasking Providing 5 Star Customer Service Grade Determinations: Experience: One year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-5). Specialized Experience: The Advanced Medical Support Assistant assigned to Administrative Medicine Service. GS-6 Experience: Possess one year of experience equivalent to the GS-5 level in federal service. Experience include, but are not limited to: Coordinates and maintains overall patient flow. Receives patients and visitors in person or telephonically. Records and relays messages and/or redirects calls as necessary. Refers urgent messages and patient information for immediate action. Obtains identifying information and determines the nature of the visit/call. Insures eligibility for care and contacts appropriate staff member for verification, when necessary. Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities. Candidates must demonstrate the KSAs below:
1. Ability to collaborate, communicate, set priorities, and organize the work in order to meet deadlines, ensuring compliance with established processes, policies, and regulations.
2. Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively, both orally and in writing, in order to meet program objectives. This may include preparing reports in various formats and presenting data to various organizational levels.
3. Advanced knowledge of the technical health care process as it relates to access to care.
4. Advanced knowledge of managing a clinic. This includes independently utilizing reference sources, decision making, and empowering the team to collaborate and resolve problems within a complex systems environment.
5. Advanced knowledge of policies and procedures associated with operational activities that affect the patient flow, patient care, and the revenue process.
6. Advanced knowledge of medical terminology due to the technical nature of language utilized by clinicians. References: VA Handbook 5005/53, Part II, Appendix G45, dated June 07, 2012. Medical Support Assistant Qualification Standard GS-0679. http://vaww.va.gov/OHRM/Directives-Handbooks/Documents/5005.pdf this can be found in the local Human Resources Office. The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-6. Physical Requirements: The Advanced Medical Support Assistant work is mostly sedentary; however, some walking; standing, and carrying light items are required. Light filing, sometimes involving working close to the floor, is involved. Wrist and back protection can be provided to minimize the risks associated with prolonged use of automated data processing equipment.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!