The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Army. The opening is for an IT SPECIALIST (CUSTSPT) in Colchester, Vermont Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
IT SPECIALIST (CUSTSPT) – Colchester, Vermont
Army National Guard Units, Department of the Army
Job ID: 475284Start Date: 06/29/2021End Date: 07/19/2021
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document. Specialized Experience: (1) year of specialized experience which includes troubleshooting a variety of computer hardware/software and operating systems; ability to install, set up, upgrade various types of systems; resolve hardware/software problems; ability to respond to a variety of customer requests and needs regarding system failures or other work that is in or typically related to the work of the position being filled. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-07). OR Education: A Master’s degree or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Master’s degree or equivalent graduate degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks. (NOTE: You must attach a copy of your transcripts) OR Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage, divide your total 18 months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate by 18. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-07 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-09 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. CONTINUATION OF CONDITIONS EMPLOYMENT & NOTES:
– Information Assurance Certification is a condition of employment. This position includes information assurance (IA) work as a paramount duty requirement. Per DoD 8570.01-M, the incumbent of this position must achieve the appropriate IA certification within six months of assignment of these duties. A waiver of this six month requirement may be granted per DoD 8570.01-M, C22.214.171.124 or C126.96.36.199. Failure to receive the proper IA certification may result in removal from this position.
– This position is designated as Essential Personnel and may be subject to duty in preparation for, or in response to, a state emergency or disaster declaration. This designation will not exceed 14 calendar days per year unless otherwise approved in advance by the TAG.
-This is an indefinite tenure appointment not to exceed 7/31/2022.
-The incumbent will be separated at the expiration of the term of appointment.
-This position is eligible to Situational Telework which occurs on an occasional non-routine or ad hoc basis. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Please be advised:
1. Specialized experience will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position.
2. An applicant’s RESUME must provide, in detail, how they meet the specialized experience listed.
3. It must be documented with “from (mm/yy)” and “to (mm/yy)” dates and description of the specialized experience.
4. If education or a degree is required as part of the “Specialized Experience”, you must include transcripts. Do not copy the specialized experience qualifications word for word and place into your resume; you must describe your personal experience as it pertains to each statement.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!