The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST (AIRCRAFT) in Kirtland AFB, New Mexico Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST (AIRCRAFT) – Kirtland AFB, New Mexico
Air Force Global Strike Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 471941Start Date: 06/22/2021End Date: 07/06/2021
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions, Quality Assurance Series, 1910 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-09, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge of assigned aircraft, support systems (propulsion, avionics, etc.), and support equipment to include aircraft specifications and standards; use of specialized inspection and test equipment, aircraft maintenance procedures and interpretation of maintenance data reports. Knowledge of a variety of surveillance methods and techniques to inspect work of contractors for adherence to the contract regarding aircraft maintenance scheduling, analysis operations, and fixed wing and rotary aircraft maintenance systems; knowledge of conventional fact-finding or investigating techniques and skill in developing, reviewing, analyzing and evaluating facts relative to unsatisfactory conditions or trends, and in preparing documented reports of findings; ability to interpret policy for aircraft maintenance scheduling procedures, techniques, and regulations. OR
EDUCATION: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related OR
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of transcripts. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-09 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-11 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1) Knowledge of assigned weapons systems to include propulsion, avionics and a wide range of other maintenance processes, and subordinate systems, etc. Highly desired knowledge, skill, and ability on rotary winged aircraft systems to be able to inspect and evaluate contractor technical performance and determine if the contractor is performing safe and reliable aircraft maintenance according to contract Statement of Work/Performance Work Statement.
2) Knowledge of Air Force Rotary-winged maintenance policies and procedures.
3) Knowledge of contracting policies, Performance Work Statements (PWS), Quality Assurance Surveillance Plans (QASP) and service delivery summaries.
4) Ability to communicate effectively, efficiently, orally and in writing.
5) Skill in analyzing and interpreting engineering drawings, technical manuals, and technical data.
6) Ability to plan, organize, and reprioritize work to meet changing deadlines. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!