The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an INSTRUCTIONAL SYSTEMS SPECIALIST in Goodfellow AFB, Texas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
INSTRUCTIONAL SYSTEMS SPECIALIST – Goodfellow AFB, Texas
Air Education and Training Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 466382Start Date: 06/08/2021End Date: 06/22/2021
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience and requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Professional and Scientific Positions, to include the Individual Occupational Requirements (IOR) for the GS-1750, Instructional Systems series. BASIC REQUIREMENT for GS-1750-12: A Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours appropriate to the work of the position to be filled. The course work must include study in at least four of the following five areas: (1) Learning theory, psychology of learning, educational psychology; (2) Instructional design practices (3) Educational evaluation (4) Instructional product development OR (5) Computers in education and training. Some positions in this series may specialize in one or two functional areas, where more specific academic preparation may be necessary. For such positions, agencies may require course work in the applicable functional area(s) as part of the above-required 24 semester hours. For additional information on qualifying education and combining education/experience click here to view occupational requirements for this position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts. In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below: SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-11, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes Plan development of curricula for courses in an assigned subject field; conduct instructional design, development, and/or evaluative criteria; study and/or analyze result in complete and full-length training products of multiple functional specialty areas; plan and schedule with other organization managers and customers; provide advice and/or instruction to employee(s) on both work and administrative matters. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-11 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-12 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of professional instructional design and instructional materials development to include use of technology for design and delivery of training.
2. Knowledge of professional principles, practices, and techniques of instruction as well as professional training administration concepts, practices, policies, and procedures.
3. Knowledge of safety, security, personnel management, and EEO regulations, practices, and procedures.
4. Skill in establishing program objectives and assessing progress toward their achievement.
5. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions , operations , and staff of a small organization
6. Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing and establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel within the component. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!