The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SUPERVISOR in Kadena Air Base Okinawa, Japan Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SUPERVISOR – Kadena Air Base Okinawa, Japan
Pacific Air Forces, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 461909Start Date: 05/28/2021End Date: 06/14/2021
In order to qualify, you must meet the quality level of experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook X-118C. QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C for the WG-4700 General Maintenance And Operations Work Family. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time. The screen out element for this position is ABILITY TO SUPERVISE THROUGH SUBORDINATE SUPERVISORS JOB ELEMENTS: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of a wide range of principles, processes, and techniques of trade(s) and/or craft(s) supervised and personnel management policies, practices, and procedures, including sexual harassment and Equal Employment Opportunity/ Equal Employment Treatment. Knowledge of National construction and maintenance principals.
2. Knowledge of safety regulations, practices, and procedures.
3. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, sketches, and technical specifications (i.e., mechanical, electrical and architectural drawings).
4. Ability to plan and organize work assignments to include determining resources required to accomplish mission. Must have knowledge of Accounting and Funds procedures
5. Ability to manage overall direction and coordination of subordinate work activities and functions and implement sound personnel policies, practices, and procedures through one or more levels of subordinate supervisors. Demonstrated ability to manage a very large diversified workforce.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to deal with large numbers of customers, Command and General Officers. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!