The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a TRAINING INSTRUCTOR (DIVE SCHOOL) in Panama City, Florida Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
TRAINING INSTRUCTOR (DIVE SCHOOL) – Panama City, Florida
Air Combat Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 461096Start Date: 05/27/2021End Date: 06/10/2021
Conditions of Employment:
-Employee must successfully maintain annual/recurring training requirements specified for the position and provided by employer. Courses include Law of Armed Conflict, Explosives Safety, Professional/Unprofessional relationships, suicide awareness, and others may apply.
-Candidate must be a US Citizen.
-Flex Schedule to provide around the clock coverage for night maritime training requirements.
-Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
-Position is not centrally managed/PCS funds are not authorized In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions, to include the Individual Occupational Requirements (IOR) for the GS-1712, Training Instructor series. *This is a CCAF Position SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicant must have one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level that includes knowledge in skill and ability to conduct field medical assessments and advanced emergency medical/Dive Medical Officer/Technician actions as determined by specific mandates of location/course of instruction. Knowledge and ability to conduct/perform high endurance training in all climatic environments, day/night, land/water/air during protracted training periods and under adverse conditions.
EDUCATION: Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR LL.M., if unrelated. Education must have a major study in education or a subject area related to the position to be filled. NOTE: You must submit a copy of transcripts.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of transcripts. *For Community College of the Air Force GS-1712 positions:
All faculty members of the Community College of the Air Force must meet minimum educational requirements as prescribed by the accrediting body Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; Commission on Colleges (SACS-COC), i.e. all teachers must hold at least an associate’s degree in order for the school to meet accreditation criteria. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-09 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-11 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge/application of training administration, policies, procedures and techniques of instruction.
2. Knowledge/application of continuous improvement through program objectives and assessments of tactics, techniques and procedures for accomplishing special training studies and projects.
3. Knowledge, skill and abilities in multi-environmental parachuting tactics, techniques and procedures, with location/course determined requirement to participate in parachute training, operations and exercises.
4. Knowledge, skills and abilities in specialized AIE tactics, techniques and procedures, with location/course determined requirement to participate in insertion training, operations and exercises.
5. Knowledge, skills and abilities in advance physical training tactics, techniques, procedures and state-of-art training sciences applicable to strength, endurance, flexibility, cardio-respiratory and body composition assessments and training–with skill components of agility, balance, coordination, speed, power and reaction.
6. Knowledge and ability to conduct/perform high endurance training in all climatic environments, day/night, land/water/air during protracted training periods and under adverse conditions.
7. Knowledge, skill and abilities to assess, evaluate and apply safety and Operation Risk Management (ORM) mitigation processes to inherit high-risk activities conducted in multi-tasking, dynamic environments.
8. Knowledge, skill and ability to conduct field medical assessments and advanced emergency medical/Dive Medical Officer/Technician actions as determined by specific mandates of location/course of instruction.
9. Ability to communicate orally and in writing and develop materials for presentation, with ability to project voice to large groups in outdoor/noisy areas and without speech impediments. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!