The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an ENGINEERING EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (ROAD CONSTRUCTION WORKER) in Edwards AFB, California Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
ENGINEERING EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (ROAD CONSTRUCTION WORKER) – Edwards AFB, California
Air Force Materiel Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 457974Start Date: 06/02/2021End Date: 06/15/2021
In order to qualify, you must meet the quality level of experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook X-118C. QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C for the WG-5700 Transportation/Mobile Equipment Operation Family. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time. The screen out element for this position is Ability to do the Work of the Position without more than Normal Supervision JOB ELEMENTS: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Ability to Drive Motor Vehicles Safely
2. Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specifications, Related to Mobile Equipment Operation
3. Ability To Operate Safely (Non-Motor Vehicle)
4. Operation of Motor Vehicles
5. Reliability and Dependability as a Engineer Equip Oper (Rd Const Wkr)
6. Work Practices (Includes Keeping Things Neat, Clean, And In Order) PHYSICAL EFFORTS: Heavy physical effort is used by the operator in constantly reaching, bending, turning, and moving hands, arms, feet, and legs to handle different sets of controls to operate the equipment and attachments. Considerable strain is caused by the constant vibration of the equipment and the jerking and jolting from operating over rough surfaces. Frequently required to work in awkward or strained positions. The employee frequently lifts, carries, and handles items weighing up to 40 pounds. When performing cement work, employee is frequently required to perform heavy lifting up to 100 pounds. Asphalt work requires considerable physical effort while using pickax or air hammer to remove damaged pavement. Work requires frequent stooping, stretching, bending, kneeling, and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions for long periods. In additions, work involves frequent movement and maneuvering of large, heavy equipment using hoists, holders, and pulleys, attaching and disconnecting tow bars, as required. WORKING CONDITIONS: The employee works outside in all kinds of weather frequently exposed to dust and dirt. Works near moving parts of equipment and machinery. Employee is regularly exposed to the possibility of cuts, scrapes, bruises, falls, falling material, or injury from equipment. May be required to wear protective clothing such as hard hats, steel-toed shoes, gloves, masks, and aprons. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!