The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Supervisory Medical Supply Technician (Sterile Processing) in Danville, Illinois Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Supervisory Medical Supply Technician (Sterile Processing) – Danville, Illinois
Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 453511Start Date: 05/20/2021End Date: 06/03/2021
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. Education. One year above high school that included at least 6 semester hours in health care related courses such as sterile processing, nursing assistant, hospital corpsman, and operating room and surgical technician courses or other courses related to the position; or Experience/Education Combination. Equivalent combination of experience and education are qualifying for entry level for which both education and experience are acceptable. May qualify based on being covered by the Grandfathering Provision as described in the VA Qualification Standard for this occupation (only applicable to current VHA employees who are in this occupation and meet the criteria). In Additions to the Basic Requirements you must meet the following Grade Requirements (GS-10) Experience: Must have one year of experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level of: Oversees all decontamination, sterilization and disposition of facility critical and semi-critical RME. Develops and maintains a system of internal reviews that ensure service programs operate in compliance with regulatory and accrediting organizations. Contributes to the effective utilization of resources, budgetary allocation and fiscal management. Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities. In addition to the experience above, the candidate must demonstrate the following KSA’s
1. Ability to implement and incorporate regulations, policies, and procedures to manage SPS operations.
2. Ability to evaluate new products and equipment, develop options, and make recommendations.
3. Ability to integrate SPS managerial duties, which includes strategic planning of facility organizational goals and integration of SPS vision and values within the organizational mission.
4. Ability to perform a full range of supervisory duties, including assigning, planning and evaluating work, recommending awards, approving leave, identifying training needs, and resolving staff issues.
5. Skill to initiate and lead interdisciplinary groups in order to facilitate daily SPS functions.
6. Ability to analyze and interpret fiscal data in order to forecast resource and equipment needs. References: VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G67 Physical Requirements: The incumbent will be walking at times long distance on campus, standing for prolonged time periods while in decontamination, for example, and bending and lifting at times.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!