The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Army. The opening is for a CYS Training Specialist NF-04 in Fort Carson, Colorado Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
CYS Training Specialist NF-04 – Fort Carson, Colorado
Army Installation Management Command, Department of the Army
Job ID: 443129Start Date: 04/21/2021End Date: 05/05/2021
Successful completion of an undergraduate Degree that included or was supplemented by major study (at least 24 semester hours) in child development or early childhood education, or other fields appropriate to the position to be filled consistent with: For positions in CDC, FCC or CLEOS an undergraduate degree with a major course of study in Early Childhood Education/Child Development or Elementary Education is required.
For positions in SAS an undergraduate degree in Early Childhood/Child Development; Youth Development; Elementary and Secondary Education is required.
For positions in a middle school/teen program, an undergraduate degree in youth development, elementary education and secondary education is required.
Combination of education and experience as follows:
Successful completion of at least 24 semester hours in a major course of study in an appropriate CYS field commensurate with the program assigned as indicated above , plus appropriate work experience that provided knowledge skills and abilities directly related to the duties described in the fields appropriate to the position. Appropriate experience and course work must be comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the four-year course of study described above. In addition, candidate must possess:
1. At least twelve (12) months experience working in child and youth programs.
2. At least one year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower grade or level requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled.
3. The ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and recognize solutions.
4. Experience in planning and conducting training for child and youth staff.
5. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
6. The physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, stoop and stand on a routine basis. Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors. A Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate field as indicated above, and two years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master’s degree or equivalent graduate degree in a directly related field is fully qualifying for the position Highly Preferred Criteria:
1. Possess previous military CYS experience *Applicants who meet the highly preferred qualifications may be referred to management for first consideration. All qualifications must be reflected in the resume.*
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!