The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a SUPPLY TECHNICIAN in Whiteman AFB, Missouri Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
SUPPLY TECHNICIAN – Whiteman AFB, Missouri
Department of the Air Force – Agency Wide, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 441403Start Date: 04/19/2021End Date: 05/03/2021
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Clerical and Administrative Support Positions. Supply Clerical and Technician Series, 2005. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-06, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes providing technical assistance and guidance to supply specialists, operating officials, and employees on the regulatory requirements for submitting and processing a wide variety of supply transactions. Conducting extensive and exhaustive research of catalog databases and information to locate more cost effective available substitutes and new products. Experience may include, thorough knowledge of governing supply regulations, policies, procedures, and instructions, and an intensive knowledge of local supply requirements to ensure supply support for production, overhaul, repair, or other operations for urgent, critical shortage, and other special items. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-06 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-07 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1) Knowledge of equipment management supply regulations, policies, procedures, techniques, and methods.
2) Knowledge of equipment management supply operations to the extent the incumbent has the ability to plan, analyze, and evaluate the effectiveness of the equipment management supply program on an independent basis.
3) Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
4) Ability to receive, screen, review and verify equipment management supply documents and resolve discrepancies.
5) Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
6) Ability to read, interpret, and apply applicable reference material such as regulations, manuals, catalogs, records, orders, TOs, and local policies to accomplish tasks and resolve problems. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!