The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an INTELLIGENCE SPECIALIST in Hurlburt Field, Florida Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
INTELLIGENCE SPECIALIST – Hurlburt Field, Florida
U.S. Air Force – Agency Wide, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 440323Start Date: 04/16/2021End Date: 04/29/2021
This is a GG-14 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). The GG-14 duties for the “Professional” work category are at the “Senior” work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-14 level. The selectee’s salary will be set within the grade equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee’s qualifications in relation to the job. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your resume must reflect the quality level of experience which demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for successful job performance required for this position. Examples of creditable experience include; knowledge of a comprehensive range of intelligence research and collection methods, techniques, and practices; and multi-source intelligence information systems to capture and report on data in order to develop intelligence capabilities and threat assessments, interpret policy and commit resources. Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency. OR To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-ADMIN KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of a comprehensive range of intelligence research and collection methods, techniques, and practices to use multi-source intelligence information systems to capture data in order to make recommendations in developing intelligence capabilities, new hypotheses and theories, and threat assessments.
2. Knowledge of advanced analytical principles, concepts, and methods to produce detail analyses of complex information/situations attained from multiple sources.
3. Knowledge of the national intelligence community, Joint, DoD structure, organizations and mission/functions, inter-relationships and operations.
4. Skill in conducting unbiased complex research, identifying appropriate available systems/data sources, and producing collection requirement assessments that answer specific tasks to link and leverage agency capabilities in support of consumers, customers, and clients.
5. Skill in communicating effectively with others, both orally and in writing, in working out solutions to problems or questions related to the work, writing clear and concise intelligence products, and delivering written and/or verbal presentations to senior level audiences for decision-making purposes.
6. Ability to maintain control of classified material, quickly assimilate disparate data, render knowledgeable and accurate assessments of the implication of such data, and make decisions, estimates, and recommendations under conditions of urgency and pressure based on mature judgment and experience and present and/or justify a position effectively. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!