The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a SUPERVISORY MANAGEMENT ANALYST in Goodfellow AFB, Texas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
SUPERVISORY MANAGEMENT ANALYST – Goodfellow AFB, Texas
Air Education and Training Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 433408Start Date: 04/02/2021End Date: 04/13/2021
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management , for the GS-0343, Management and Program Analysis Series. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-11, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge of analytical and evaluative techniques used to identify, consider, and resolve issues or problems concerning efficiency and effectiveness of program operations to devise organizational structuring options for complex, diverse organizations. Knowledge of management engineering and organization principles, concepts, and methodologies and financial management directives, concepts, procedures, guidance, and policy. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-11 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-12 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) and Joint Service management engineering and organization principles, concepts, and methodologies and financial management directives, concepts, procedures, guidance, and policy.
2. Knowledge of analytical and evaluative techniques used to identify, consider, and resolve issues or problems concerning efficiency and effectiveness of program operations to devise organizational structuring options for complex, diverse organizations.
3. Knowledge of data base management systems, requirements analysis, and data manipulation and extraction techniques.
4. Skill in gathering, assembling, and analyzing facts; drawing conclusions; devising solutions to problems; identifying changes and trends; and preparing and presenting briefings and reports.
5. Ability to lead, manage, and supervise a small to medium size organization.
6. Ability to carry out and complete assignments involving work with diverse and dynamic groups by gaining their cooperation with tact, courtesy, and diplomacy and moving them towards an ownership of their objective without imposing personal bias. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!