The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a MEDICAL FINANCIAL TECHNICIAN in Andrews AFB, Maryland Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
MEDICAL FINANCIAL TECHNICIAN – Andrews AFB, Maryland
Air Force District of Washington, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 427985Start Date: 03/23/2021End Date: 03/29/2021
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Clerical and Administrative Support Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-06, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes must demonstrate knowledge of applicable Medical Treatment Facility (MTF), Air Force and Department of Defense (DoD) directives on Uniform Business Office and reimbursement programs including Medical Service Accounts, Medical Affirmative Claims (MAC)/Third Party Liability (TPL), and Third Party Collection (TPC) programs, and a wide variety of budgetary and accounting methods, cost accounting principles and procedures to evaluate information contained in an integrated systems and medical insurance billing and coding. OR
EDUCATION: Successfully completed (1) one full year of graduate level education in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position. NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF YOUR TRANSCRIPTS OR
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-06 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-07 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of applicable MTF, Air Force and Department of Defense directives on the Uniform Business Office (UBO) and appropriate internal controls as related to accounting practices. Working knowledge of MSA programs and medical insurance coding and billing.
2. Knowledge of accounting and budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies, and processes.
3. Knowledge of financial processes, policies, procedures, and terminology.
4. Skill in preparing financial and administrative reports for assigned programs and projects.
5. Skill in monitoring and evaluating financial data and in developing and analyzing common trend lines.
6. Knowledge of computers, word processing software, and the ability to create and/or update spreadsheets, databases, slide presentations, graphs, etc. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!