The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Pharmacy Technician in Tomah, Wisconsin Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Pharmacy Technician – Tomah, Wisconsin
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 426236Start Date: 03/18/2021End Date: 04/07/2021
U.S. Citizenship: Must be a citizen of the United States. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. English Language Proficiency: Must be proficient in spoken and written English in accordance with VA Handbook 5005, part II, chapter 2, section D, paragraph 5a. Education or Experience: A high school diploma or equivalent; or at least 3 months experience associated with the scope of Pharmacy Technician practice. Certification: Certification by the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB), A COPY OF YOUR CERTIFICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH YOUR APPLICATION. In addition to meeting the Basic Requirements listed above, you must meet the following: GS-6 GRADE REQUIREMENTS
Specialized Experience: Must have one year of experience equivalent to at least the next lower level (GS-5) that equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. You must fully meet the KSAs at the GS-5 level which includes: ability to operate and care for automated dispensing devices and equipment; knowledge of, and ability to perform, aseptic technique; knowledge of basic inventory procedures; and knowledge of pharmacy information systems.
You must demonstrate the following Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
1. Ability to solve problems and make recommendations, e.g., troubleshoot operational problems and refer for appropriate action.
2. Knowledge of the operation and care of automated equipment.
3. Knowledge of, and ability to follow, written instructions for compounding with aseptic technique for hazardous materials such as oncology agents.
4. Knowledge, and ability to perform, compounding with aseptic technique for routine sterile products.
5. Knowledge of policies and procedures for inventory management in specialized areas such as emergency carts.
6. Knowledge of the computerized prescription process demonstrated by the ability to input prescriptions and medication orders. References: VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G28 Pharmacy Technician Qualification Standard. The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-6. Physical Requirements: The work requires regular and recurring physical exertion, involving standing for prolonged periods of time, lifting or carrying of heavy pharmaceutical supplies or mail bags weighing up to 80 pounds, bending, and stopping.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!