The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a SUPERVISORY FINANCIAL SERVICES SPECIALIST in Langley AFB, Virginia Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
SUPERVISORY FINANCIAL SERVICES SPECIALIST – Langley AFB, Virginia
Air Combat Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 419314Start Date: 03/09/2021End Date: 03/15/2021
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-11, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes detailed intensive knowledge of the policies, precedents, goals, objectives, regulations, and guidelines of a functional area; intensive knowledge of the organizational structure and functions of the agency; detailed knowledge of entitlement, accounting, and budgeting policies, regulations, procedures, and administrative and financial management systems; and a basic knowledge of information technology software and hardware sufficient to analyze financial activities and develop and chart functional logic for new and revised automated financial management systems an present financial management needs to information technology specialists. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-11 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-12 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Extensive knowledge of DOD/DA/USAF/OPM policies analyzing, interpreting and applying policy, regulations, and guidelines to formulate, justify, and execute pay and entitlement processes in support of the mission, structure, goals, and programs of the organization.
2. Knowledge of safety, security, personnel management, and EEO regulations, practices, and procedures.
3. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and mentor, motivate, and appraise the staff of an organization through subordinate supervisors.
4. Ability to communicate orally and in writing, clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy.
5. Knowledge of a wide range of financial management concepts, methods, techniques and financial systems.
6. Detailed knowledge of management and organizational techniques, systems and procedures to perform studies related to management improvement, productivity improvement and management controls. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!