The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a SUPERVISORY FINANCIAL SERVICES SPECIALIST in Elmendorf AFB, Alaska Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
SUPERVISORY FINANCIAL SERVICES SPECIALIST – Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
Pacific Air Forces, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 416135Start Date: 03/03/2021End Date: 03/09/2021
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-09, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes the work supervised includes a variety of work requiring different knowledge on the part of the supervisor; plans and schedules work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities; assigns work in consideration of employee skills and mission requirements; develops performance standards and rates subordinates’ performance; advises employees on work and administrative matters; assesses and revises policies and procedures as needed to find ways to improve quality, timeliness, and efficiency of work; and identifies developmental and training needs of employees, providing or arranging for needed development and training; commonly used APF and NAF accounting and budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies, and processes to formulate, justify and execute accounting, budget, and financial goals in support of the mission, structure, goals, work process, and programs of the organizations. OR
EDUCATION: Successfully completed a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related. PH. D or equivalent doctoral Degree or 3 years leading to a such Degree, or a LL. M in a School of Business from an accredited college/university. OR
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-09 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-11 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of commonly used APF and NAF accounting and budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies, and processes to formulate, justify and execute accounting, budget, and financial goals in support of the mission, structure, goals, work process, and programs of the organizations.
2. Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
3. Knowledge of internal audit procedures to monitor financial services and establish internal controls.
4. Analytical abilities and skills in utilizing, designing, and modifying accounting systems for analysis and identifying solutions to problems.
5. Knowledge of APF and NAF budget policies, regulations, procedures, and administrative and financial management systems.
6. Knowledge of federal contracting and procurement regulations, procedures, and practices; ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and staff of a small to medium sized organization. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!