The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Supervisory Medical Support Assistant in Multiple Locations Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Supervisory Medical Support Assistant – Multiple Locations
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 411719Start Date: 02/19/2021End Date: 03/04/2021
United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. May qualify based on being covered by the Grandfathering Provision as described in the VA Qualification Standard for this occupation (only applicable to current VHA employees who are in this occupation and meet the criteria). Grade Determinations: GS-8 Supervisory Medical Support Assistant
One year of experience equivalent to the GS-7 grade level leading or supervising MSAs or equivalent administrative patient support staff in a non-VA medical inpatient, outpatient, or interdisciplinary setting. Candidates must demonstrate all of the KSAs below:
– Ability to provide the full range of administrative and supervisory duties [to at least one subordinate MSA supervisor or team leader in a patient support setting which includes assignment of work, performance evaluations, selection of staff, and recommendation of awards and/or advancements.
– Ability to collaborate, communicate, and demonstrate customer service and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers to ensure quality/continuity of care and ensure compliance with established policies and regulations.
– Ability to provide briefings, orientations, staff development, and training [in a patient support setting.
– Ability to manage fiscal matters, forecast resource and equipment needs, and identify budget needs.
– Advanced knowledge of managing or leading patient support staff in a clinic. This includes independently utilizing reference sources, decision making, and empowering the team to collaborate and resolve problems within a complex systems environment. References: VA Handbook 5005/117, Part II, Appendix G45, Medical Support Assistant Qualification Standard. The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-8. Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending and carrying of light items like papers or books. No special physical demands are required to perform the work. The work of the position is primarily sedentary, and performed in an office setting
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!