The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Transportation. The opening is for a Community Planner (Transportation) (Open to both U.S. Citizens and Federal Employees) in Cheyenne, Wyoming Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Community Planner (Transportation) (Open to both U.S. Citizens and Federal Employees) – Cheyenne, Wyoming
Federal Highway Administration, Department of Transportation
Job ID: 402398Start Date: 02/04/2021End Date: 02/16/2021
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must (1) meet the Mandatory Education Requirement for the series, (2) provide a copy of your transcript(s) for verification, AND (3) meet the specialized experience requirements for each grade. Please review the following information before proceeding with the application process:
(1) All applicants must meet the education requirements under A or B to qualify for applying to a Community Planning position:
A. Degree:community planning; or related field such as urban affairs, architecture, landscape architecture, engineering, sociology, geography, economics, political science, or public administration that included at least 12 semester hours in the planning process, socioeconomic and physical elements of planning, urban and regional economic analysis, and development finance.
Note: Applicants with degrees in related fields, such as those listed above, who do not have the 12 semester hours of specified course work must have had at least 1 year of work experience in community planning acquired under the supervision and guidance of a community planner.
B. Combination of education and experience:courses equivalent to a major in one of the above disciplines, or a combination of related courses totaling at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the above disciplines of which at least 12 semester hours were in the planning process, and socioeconomic and physical elements of planning, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
For additional information, please refer to the OPM qualifications standard for Community Planning Series, GS-0020: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0000/community-planning-series-0020/
(2) Upload the appropriate document(s) to your application for verification purposes.
Note: Students enrolled in a qualifying degree program can apply if the anticipated graduation date is within six months of the closing date of this announcement. If selected, the final transcript must be received before your start date.Other applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet either the specialized experience or education requirements for the grade at which you are requesting consideration. You will be asked related questions as part of your application, but you need to verify how you meet the specialized experience or education in your resume or you may be deemed ineligible.
OnExperience,you must have at least one year of experience, equal or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level,which included: Experience in transportation planning that entailed consideration of the interplay of various modes of transportation;
Experience developing and/or evaluating transportation planning and program development processes at a local, regional, state, or national level; AND
Experience in representing the organization at public meetings and conferences. You cannot substitute education at this grade level; you must have experience.
OnExperience,you must have at least one year of experience, equal or equivalent to the GS-12 grade level,which included: Experience in transportation planning that entailed consideration of the interplay of various modes of transportation;
Experience developing, evaluating, and/or overseeing the development of transportation planning and program development processes at a local, regional, state, or national level;
Experience representing the organization during public meetings and conferences and addressing programmatic and technical issues and questions raised by a range of stakeholder groups; AND
Experience improving or assisting others in improving transportation planning processes or programs with an emphasis on emerging areas. You cannot substitute education at this grade level; you must have experience. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):Your qualifications will also be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of transportation planning, legislation, regulations and guidance.
2. Knowledge or transportation planning practices and Federal transportation planning program requirements to oversee the development of transportation planning products.
3. Knowledge of transportation planning principles and methods and funding requirements to ensure effective and fiscally responsible program administration and plans.
4. Skill in communicating effectively, both individually and in groups, with state and local transportation officials and other stakeholders. This includes skill in negotiating and being able to “sell” ideas. For all types of consideration,experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. All applicants must meet the requirements before the closing of the announcement.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!