The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an AIRCRAFT FREIGHT LOADER LEADER (MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATOR) in Beale AFB, California Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
AIRCRAFT FREIGHT LOADER LEADER (MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATOR) – Beale AFB, California
Air Combat Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 401887Start Date: 02/04/2021End Date: 02/18/2021
In order to qualify, you must meet the quality level of experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook X-118C. QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C for the WL-6900 Warehousing and Stock Handling Group. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time. The screen out element for this position is ability to do the work of an AIRCRAFT FREIGHT LOADER (MVO/FLO) LEADER without more than normal supervision. PHYSICAL EFFORT: Physical effort is moderate to heavy. Work requires reaching, turning, or moving hands, arms, feet, legs to operate foot controls. Associate duties require stooping, bending, and climbing. Lifts and carries objects weighing up to 70 lbs. May handle heavier items with weight lifting equipment or with assistance from other workers. Subject to possible strain caused by vibration of forklifts, trucks, and K-loaders. Ability for rapid mental muscular coordination simultaneously. Near vision correctable at 13 inches to 16 inches to Jaeger 1 to 4. Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and 20/40 in the other. Both eyes are required. Depth perception. Ability to distinguish basic colors. Hearing must meet H1 hearing profile in applicable regulations. Mental and emotional stability required. If it can be otherwise accommodated a specific physical condition or impairment will not automatically disqualify a candidate. WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is done inside and outside in areas that may be hot, damp, cold, drafty, or poorly lighted. Drivers are exposed to dirt, fumes, and to the possibility of cuts, and bruises. Required to wear protective clothing such as steel toed shoes, gloves, hearing protection, reflective belt and vests. JOB ELEMENTS: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Skill in operating one or more gasoline, diesel, or electric powered wheeled vehicles with a GVW of over 32,000 pounds such as truck tractors with semi or heavy load in-line trucks.
2. Ability to interpret oral and written instructions and specifications related to the operation, loading, and unloading and servicing of motor vehicles. 3. Knowledge of transport aircraft characteristics and full range of transportation operations related to shipment. 4. Knowledge of traffic and safety regulations, practices, and procedures pertaining to motor vehicle and fork lift operations. 5. Ability to load and unload cargo to prevent shifting, falling, or damage of any type. 6. Ability to judge road/traffic conditions and read maps to determine the shortest and safest route; interpret instructions, specifications, etc. related to motor vehicle, fork lift, and preventive maintenance.
7. Knowledge of the full range of transportation operations as related to the shipment of cargo.
8. Knowledge of the instructions, regulations, directive, local operating procedures, governing entitlements, and shipment of cardo, and passengers.
9. Ability to analyze, correlate, and evaluate transportation data.
10. Ability to build pallets and knowledge of pallet and aircraft load limitations.
11. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
12. Skill in performing Loading Supervisor duties. 13. Knowledge of cargo protection methods.
14. Knowledge of the full range of transportation operations related to passenger movement.
15. Ability to lead other workers, distributes work, and give instruction. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!