The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Justice. The opening is for a Program Specialist in Washington, District of Columbia Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Program Specialist – Washington, District of Columbia
Offices, Boards and Divisions, Department of Justice
Job ID: 392202Start Date: 01/15/2021End Date: 01/28/2021
To qualify for the position of Program Specialist at (GS-0301-12/13), you must meet the basic qualification requirements listed below AND possess the required specialized experience specific to this series and grade you’re applying to.
If you are a current government employee on a permanent appointment in the competitive service, you will need to demonstrate 1-year (52-weeks) at the next lower grade level, to meet the time-in-grade requirements for this occupational series and grade.
There may also be a positive education requirement for some occupations, please see the Education section for details. If there are licensing or certification requirements, please see the Required Documents section for details on how to verify you license or certificate. There is no positive education requirements for this series and grade. To qualify for this position at the GS-12 level, you must possess one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service, experience includes:
1. Providing debt collection research and analyzing technical, debt-related financial or program issues; reviewing information and applying standard quantitative or qualitative analytical techniques.
2. Developing legal recommendations and providing guidance to resolve problems of work operations;
3. Serving as an evaluator in the design, development, test, and readiness of systems or equipment; And 4. Planning and conducting meetings, briefings and other activities in support of particular programs. To qualify for this position at the GS-13 level, you must possess one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service, experience includes:
1. Providing qualitative and quantitative methods relating to debt collection for assessment and improvement of program.
2. Planning, organizing, and directing team study work; developing and implementing recommendations and guidance to resolve problems of work operations;
3. Serving as an evaluator in the design, development, test, and readiness of information data systems or equipment; And
4. Planning and conducting meetings, briefings and other activities in support of particular programs. You MUST meet all qualification requirements, including Time-in-Grade, by the closing date of this announcement, 01/28/2021.
Your resume must support your responses to the online questionnaire and the qualification requirements. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating. See the Required Documents section for important notes about what must be included in your resume.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!