The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a PROGRAM ANALYST in Minot AFB, North Dakota Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
PROGRAM ANALYST – Minot AFB, North Dakota
U.S. Air Force – Agency Wide, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 392147Start Date: 01/15/2021End Date: 01/29/2021
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-07, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of issues or problems of a procedural or factual nature. The issues or problems deal with readily observable conditions, written guidelines covering work methods and procedures such as performance and production standards, and information of a factual nature. knowledge of the theory and principles of management and organization, including administrative practices and procedures common to organizations, such as those pertaining to MEPRS, channels of communication, routing of correspondence, filing systems, and storage of files and records. OR
EDUCATION: Master’s or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. OR
LL.B OR J.D., if related. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts. OR
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-07 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-09 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices relating to Medical Expense Performance Reporting System.
2. Knowledge of agency, command, Air Force medical service, and industry policies, standards, and objectives to analyze MEPRS data.
3. Knowledge of the methods, principles, and practices related to training development, instructional techniques, and use of training resources.
4. Skill in using the automated data systems to include: Composite Health Care System (CHCS), Ambulatory Data Systems (ADS), Expense Assignment System (EAS), Commanders’ Resource Integration System (CRIS), Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), Business Objects, and Microsoft Office applications.
5. Skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, validation, and resolution of issues or problems of a procedural or factual nature as it pertains to the MEPRS program.
6. Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing, in working out solutions to problems or questions relating to the MEPRS program. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!